Portfolio - Historic Renovation
Client: Bushnell Investments
Description: Bushnell Investment Group retained Oregon Group Architects to provide professional design services for the renovation of the third, fourth and fifth floors of the Bushnell Building in downtown Springfield. The building is on the Register of Historic Places and faces the downtown fountain plaza. The 25,000 SF fourth floor contains corporate offices and a call center space for the insurance claim management company HSG / Code Blue. The existing open floor plan was completely redesigned to accommodate the new tenant while preserving the historically significant fabric of the building. The third and fifth floors were prepared for future expansion of the Code Blue call center.
SBC CENTRAL OFFICE
Client: SBC Ameritech
Description: Oregon Group Architects was retained by SBC Ameritech to design the addition to their Central Office Facility in Historic Hilliard, Ohio. Our experience with historic renovations and dealing with historic design review boards greatly enhanced the successful execution of this project. The 12,000 square foot addition houses new offices and telephone communications equipment. Of paramount importance to the City of Hilliard was the exterior appearance and site amenities. The existing façade was reorganized to reduce its scale. A public park-like area was created on part of the site which includes a gazebo and gathering area consistent with the historic character of the neighborhood.
SMITH MEMORIAL GARDENS
Client: City of Oakwood Dept. of Leisure Services
Description: The Oregon Group provided architectural services and a master plan for Phase II remodeling of Smith Memorial Gardens. This included an addition to the garden house, remodeling of the existing garden house including a kitchenette, new interior finishes, new doors and windows, ADA compliant restrooms and mechanical upgrades. On the addition, existing materials were incorporated into the new structure to help ease the transition between old and new. Also a separate storage structure was constructed incorporating complimentary materials and sensitive massing.
MORRIS HOUSE ELDERLY HOUSING
Client: Miami Metropolitan Housing Authority
Description: This project entailed the conversion of the existing Lollis House Hotel located on the city of Troy’s historic square into 35 elderly public housing units. Separate living quarters are designed and supported by a congregate dining and kitchen facility. The kitchen is large enough to service a portion of the ‘Meals on Wheels’ program in Miami County. The exterior facade was stripped using acceptable methods for historic renovations. An addition to the rear complimented the existing facade. Historic arches were uncovered and refurbished. A new stair enclosure was built to meet code requirements and a rear section was removed to create outdoor spaces for residents.
EICHELBERGER BUILDING RENOVATION
Client: Theo Williams
Description: Located in the Oregon Historic District of Dayton, Ohio, this 1914 multi-use structure was one of the 'modern' masonry and steel structures of the time. Constructed after the 1913 flood that devastated the area, the site was, and remains, in a thriving neighborhood business center. Renovation work included all new building systems, adaptive reorganization of interior spaces, new finishes and code upgrades. Second and third floor apartments now meet current Building and Fire Codes and modern amenities were added to kitchen and bath areas. Street level commercial facades were rebuilt as were exterior stairs and entry doors. Existing tin ceilings were repaired and new lighting installed. Masonry was cleaned and paint removed as required. Following the National Parks Standards, the 8,000 square foot completed structure was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
360 SOUTH PATTERSON BLVD
Client: Oregon Group Architects
Description: The Oregon Group provided full design services for the adaptive reuse of an abandoned residence for their corporate offices from 1991 to 2009 in the Oregon Historic District. Built is 1862, this structure meets the renovation guidelines of the National Park Service. After years of abuse, this building had been structurally compromised and internally reconfigured to accommodate seven boarding rooms and a warehouse space. As part of the renovation new systems, finishes and landscaping were incorporated. A large luxury apartment was created above the offices on the first floor. Funding for the project included federal tax credits and City Wide Development loans and tax abatements.
300 S. Patterson Blvd. Dayton, Ohio 45402
P: (937) 228-1511 | F: (937) 228-9669